- Abstract submission deadline (final): by noon on January 20, 2021
- Virtual poster submission deadline (final): January 27, 2021
- Symposium date: February 5, 2021
- CASH PRIZES up to $800 available for top poster presenters in both graduate sessions!
- Student abstract submissions for the Engineering Research Symposium are due by noon on Wednesday, January 20.
- Prepare your abstract and poster following the directions below.
- Use the following format and session abbreviations to name your files: EGSR for Emerging Graduate Student Research poster session, or AGSR for Advanced Graduate Student Research poster session.
- Download the abstract template here. Open it in your preferred word processor and follow the instructions. Do not change the font, margins, or spacing.
- Abstracts should not exceed 1 page in length and may include a figure.
- See the abstract rubric for guidance in writing your abstract.
- You may upload your abstract as a .docx or .doc.
Abstract Review for Emerging and Advanced Research
The 2021 ERS is looking for abstract submissions:
- from any discipline within engineering
- with intellectual merit, even if experimental results may be pending on account of pandemic-related delays
- with potential academic and societal impacts
- that demonstrate innovation and creativity in research
- that demonstrate attention to detail and professionalism
To accommodate as many students as possible, submission deadlines have been extended for the virtual Engineering Research Symposium (ERS)!
- Abstract Submission Deadline (final): January 20, 2021 by 12:00 Noon
- Poster Submission Deadline (final): January 27, 2021
Poster Template and Rubric
- Download the poster template here. Open it in your preferred PowerPoint processor and follow the instructions. Please make sure to have the most updated PowerPoint version downloaded.
- See the poster rubric for guidance in creating your poster.
Please note, the Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Outstanding Ph.D. Research is a separate graduate student oral and poster competition. Click here for nomination, submission and prize information.