- Abstract submissions due: December 7, 2020
- Notification of abstract acceptance: December 18, 2020
- Virtual poster submissions due: January 27, 2021
- Symposium date: February 5, 2021
Symposium date: February 5, 2021
- Student abstract submissions for the Engineering Research Symposium are due Monday, December 7th by 11:59pm.
- Prepare your abstract and poster following the directions below.
- Use the following format and session abbreviations to name your files: EGSR for Emerging Graduate Student Research poster session, or AGSR for Advanced Graduate Student Research poster session.
- Download the abstract template here. Open it in your preferred word processor and follow the instructions. Do not change the font, margins, or spacing.
- Abstracts should not exceed 1 page in length and may include a figure.
- See the abstract rubric for guidance in writing your abstract.
- You may upload your abstract as a .docx or .doc.
Abstract Review for Emerging and Advanced Research
The 2021 ERS is looking for abstract submissions:
- from any discipline within engineering
- with intellectual merit, even if experimental results may be pending on account of pandemic-related delays
- with potential academic and societal impacts
- that demonstrate innovation and creativity in research
- that demonstrate attention to detail and professionalism
Abstract submissions will be open until December 7, 2020. All submissions, regardless of acceptance, will receive feedback from reviewers. Selected posters will be required by January 27, 2021.
Please note, the Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Outstanding Ph.D. Research is a separate graduate student oral and poster competition. Click here for nomination and submission information.