Engineering Research Symposium Overview (undergraduate and graduate)
Poster sessions are College-level competitions across all Departments/Programs for students. These sessions are intended to highlight the research achievements demonstrated by our students. The focus of the sessions will be on communication of the participants’ work to a non-expert engineering audience.
Students of all disciplines may self-select into the Undergraduate or Graduate (Emerging or Advanced Research Competition) based on their individual circumstances.
Undergraduate Research Exhibition
The Undergraduate Exhibition is open to all undergraduate students. The session will be judged this year. More information on registration coming soon!
Graduate Research Competitions
Graduate students can compete in one of the two research poster competitions:
- Emerging Research Competition Criteria: The Emerging Research competition is intended for Master’s and Ph.D. students who are in the first 2 years of study.
- Advanced Research Competition Criteria: The Advanced Research Competition is intended for Ph.D. students who are in years 3-5 or entered the Ph.D. program with a Master’s degree.
The 2021 ERS is looking for abstract submissions:
- From any discipline within engineering
- With intellectual merit, even if experimental results may be pending on account of pandemic-related delays
- With potential academic and societal impacts
- That demonstrate innovation and creativity in research
- That demonstrate attention to detail and professionalism
Abstract submissions will be open until December 7, 2020. All submissions, regardless of acceptance, will receive feedback from reviewers. Selected posters will be required by January 27, 2021.
Please note, the Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Outstanding Ph.D. Research is a separate graduate student oral and poster competition. Click here for nomination information.