Engineering Research Symposium Overview (undergraduate and graduate)
Poster sessions are College-level competitions across all Departments/Programs for students. These sessions are intended to highlight the research achievements demonstrated by our students. The focus of the sessions will be on communication of the participants’ work to a non-expert engineering audience.
Students of all disciplines may self-select into the Undergraduate or Graduate (Emerging or Advanced Research Competition) based on their individual circumstances.
Undergraduate Research Exhibition
The Undergraduate Exhibition is open to all undergraduate students and will be judged this year.
Cash Prizes for top undergraduate student presenters.
Graduate Research Competitions
Graduate students can compete in one of the two research poster competitions.
Cash Prizes for top graduate student presenters per competition.
- Emerging Research Competition Criteria: The Emerging Research competition is intended for Master’s and Ph.D. students who are in the first 2 years of study.
- Advanced Research Competition Criteria: The Advanced Research Competition is intended for Ph.D. students who are in years 3-5 or entered the Ph.D. program with a Master’s degree.
Abstract Review for Undergraduate and Graduate Research
The Fall 2021 ERS is looking for abstract submissions:
- From any discipline within engineering
- With intellectual merit, even if experimental results may be pending on account of pandemic-related delays
- With potential academic and societal impacts
- That demonstrate innovation and creativity in research
- That demonstrate attention to detail and professionalism
Engineering Research Symposium (ERS)!
- Abstract Submission Deadline: October 22, 2021
- Poster Submission Deadline: October 29, 2021
Please note, the Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Outstanding Ph.D. Research is a separate graduate student oral and poster competition. Click here for nomination and prize information.