The Engineering Research Symposium (ERS) returned to campus on November 19, 2021. This year’s ERS highlighted 80+ participants in six research competitions including Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D students. We also had several faculty and postdoc judges and student volunteers. Thank you to our generous sponsors for their support.
Watch this video for the welcome remarks and keynote speaker address featuring Professor Tamas Gombosi.
Congratulations Michigan Engineering for participating in this event!
Friday, November 19, 2021
The Engineering Research Symposium is a College-wide event focusing on students’ research at all levels, from undergraduate through PhD. College of Engineering students are invited to submit an abstract and a poster for one of the poster sessions.
The day-long program features the following opportunities for students:
- Showcase their research before peers, faculty members, and alumni
- Receive constructive feedback on your poster and presentation skills from faculty and alumni
- Networking with alumni, faculty, peers, prospective students, and corporate sponsors
- Showcase of outstanding dissertation work in department-nominated oral and poster presentations
- Monetary prizes for top presenters in each of the poster sessions
- Keynote sessions with featured speakers from industry and academia
- Attend sponsor information booths, info sessions, and interviews
Ways to get involved:
- Students may register to present their research for the in-person event
- Students may serve on the planning committee: email ERS.Chairs@umich.edu to get involved
For faculty, post-docs, and alumni:
Faculty members, post-docs, and alumni with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) background may be judges for posters, oral presentations, or the abstract review process. Register to be an abstract reviewer or poster judge here.
If your company is interested in sponsoring the ERS, please visit our sponsorship page, for additional information.
Please do not hesitate to email us at ERS.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions, comments, or would like to get involved. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you.