The first ever virtual Engineering Research Symposium (ERS) was held on February 5, 2021. This year’s ERS included 100+ participants in 4 research competitions including Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D students. We also had unprecedented participation from 100+ alumni, faculty, and postdoc judges.
Watch this video for event highlights and award recipients.
Congratulations Michigan Engineering for participating in this historic event!
Friday, November 17, 2021
The Engineering Research Symposium is a College-wide event focusing on students’ research at all levels, from undergraduate through PhD. College of Engineering students are invited to submit an abstract and a poster for one of the poster sessions.
The day-long program features the following opportunities for students:
- Showcase research through video and live virtual platform
- Showcase outstanding dissertation work in department-nominated oral and poster presentations
- Receive constructive feedback on your poster and presentation skills from faculty and alumni
- Monetary prizes for top presenters in each of the poster sessions
- Networking with alumni, faculty, peers, prospective students, and corporate sponsors
- Featured speakers
- Attend sponsor information booths, info sessions, and interviews
Ways to get involved:
- Students may register to present virtually
- Students may serve on the planning committee: email ERS.Chairs@umich.edu to get involved
For faculty, post-docs, and alumni:
- Faculty members, post-docs, and alumni may be judges for posters, presentations, or the abstract review process
- We are also looking for alumni with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) background to serve as judges for the poster and oral presentations. RSVP to volunteer as a poster judge here.
- If your company is interested in sponsoring the ERS, please visit our sponsorship page, for additional information.
Please do not hesitate to email us at ERSchairs@umich.edu, if you have any questions, comments, or would like to get involved. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you.