Friday, November 8, 2019
The Engineering Research Symposium is a College-wide event focusing on students’ research at all levels, from undergraduate through PhD. College of Engineering students are invited to submit an abstract and a poster for one of the poster sessions.
The day-long program features the following opportunities for students:
- Showcase research in poster presentations and scientific visualizations
- Showcase outstanding dissertation work in department-nominated oral and poster presentations
- Receive constructive feedback on your poster and presentation skills from faculty and alumni
- Monetary prizes for best presenters in each graduate level technical track
- Networking with alumni, faculty, peers, prospective students, and corporate sponsors
- Featured speakers
- Attend sponsor information booths, info sessions, and interviews
Ways to get involved:
- Grad students may serve as 1 of 3 co-chairs (paid position)
- Students may serve on the planning committee: email ERSChairs@umich.edu to get involved
- Students may register to present a poster or Scientific Visualization
- Faculty members, post-docs, and alumni may be judges for posters, presentations, or the abstract review process
- Anybody may volunteer to help during the event
- On the day of the event, all faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to visit the poster and oral presentation sessions and interact with the presenters
- Vote for the People’s Choice Award
- Give undergraduate students feedback on their posters
- We are also looking for alumni with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) background to serve as judges for the poster and oral presentations. RSVP to volunteer as a poster judge here.
- If your company is interested in sponsoring the ERS, please visit our sponsorship page, for additional information.
Please do not hesitate to email us at SymposiumInfo@umich.edu, if you have any questions, comments, or would like to get involved. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you.