The first ever virtual Engineering Research Symposium (ERS) was held on February 5, 2021. The Winter ERS included 100+ participants in 4 research competitions including Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D students. We also had unprecedented participation from 100+ alumni, faculty, and postdoc judges.
Watch this video for event highlights and award recipients.
We are excited to welcome you to the Fall 2021 Engineering Research Symposium that will held on November 19, 2021!
Friday, November 19, 2021
The Engineering Research Symposium is a College-wide event focusing on students’ research at all levels, from undergraduate through PhD. College of Engineering students are invited to submit an abstract and a poster for one of the poster sessions.
The day-long program features the following opportunities for students:
- Showcase research through video and live virtual platform
- Showcase outstanding dissertation work in department-nominated oral and poster presentations
- Receive constructive feedback on your poster and presentation skills from faculty and alumni
- Monetary prizes for top presenters in each of the poster sessions
- Networking with alumni, faculty, peers, prospective students, and corporate sponsors
- Featured speakers
- Attend sponsor information booths, info sessions, and interviews
Ways to get involved:
- Students may register to present their research for the in-person event
- Students may serve on the planning committee: email ERS.Chairs@umich.edu to get involved
For faculty, post-docs, and alumni:
Faculty members, post-docs, and alumni with a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) background may be judges for posters, oral presentations, or the abstract review process. Register to be an abstract reviewer or poster judge here.
If your company is interested in sponsoring the ERS, please visit our sponsorship page, for additional information.
Please do not hesitate to email us at ERS.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions, comments, or would like to get involved. We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you.